CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, February 26, 2012

Color Discovery Bottles and Update

Wow!  My first week in 4K was AMAZING!  We were so busy, but they are learning so much!  I am looking forward to Dr. Seuss week this week.  Of course, we will be making Thing 1 and Thing 2 glyphs!

Some of my babies are still working on colors and visual discrimination, so I made these adorable color discovery bottles.
They began as Aqua Pod water bottles, then I added rice and colored items.

These are foam shapes, a star bead, a high five button, and  a crayon eraser.

The cute labels came from Barbara Kilburn's website here.  I tweaked a few so they would all be color bottles.

The students use sheets like this one to record what they find.  It's simple and to-the-point, and the children love finding and naming the shapes and colors!

Just in case you haven't heard of this product, Goo Gone quickly and easily removes all of the sticky label residue from the water bottles.  Have fun making your own color discovery bottles!
Pin It

3 comments: