CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, January 29, 2012

What a week!

Ladies, allow me to introduce Brandy...
She is the most precious thing ever!  She's a shih-poo, and she's like my baby.  Literally.
Last Saturday, she ran into the street (which is something she never does) and was hit by a car.  Not just hit, but ran over.  Our whole family was terrified.  My husband saw it happen and brought her inside.  From the way she was acting, we just knew we were going to lose her.

My son and I took her to the vet, where she stayed the night.  God really took care of her--she came away with three fractures in her pelvis, a cut on her leg, a bruised belly, and a black eye.  All this week we've nursed her back to health, and she's making a tremendous recovery!  She's walking well and starting to get that "pep" back in her step.  It will be a while before she's back to normal, but we are so thankful to still have her with us.

Almost losing her really showed us how important she is to us.  She is truly a part of our family, not "just a dog."

5 comments:

  1. So happy she is okay!!! That can be so so scary!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my! Had a scare like that with our dog this summer when she fell off the couch! Glad she is doing better! Found your blog and I'm your newest follower!!!

    Kim
    Growing Up Teaching

    ReplyDelete